Rental Basics in Katy>Question Details

Jen, Other/Just Looking in Katy, TX

Jen I have been leasing a home for 18 months and the owner decided to sale the property and gave us 30 days

Asked by Jen, Katy, TX Mon Feb 2, 2009

to move. I don't have great credit and need to stay in the school district I currently live in now. What can I do to get someone to lease to me a single parent? I don't have money save up just a good job history and referral from present landlord.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi, Jen.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I know an amazing agent who works the Katy area. His name is Gilbert Nunez. His phone number is 281-689-1500. His office is in Cinco Ranch and he knows the area inside and out.

Good luck,
Gina Nyland
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 3, 2009
Good morning Jen,

I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament. I've seen this happen to a few single mothers that I know recently and my heart always goes out to them. For the best and most successful method of attack, you do need to find a Realtor in that area that will help you search and locate another property fast. Also, I'd suggest having a basic idea of what your credit score is and explain most of your payment histories to your Realtor. That Realtor should then make sure they talk to the management company first about your predicament before you start plopping tons of applications down AND app fees.

Hope that helps.

God Bless,
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 3, 2009
There are many Landlords that will overlook bad credit if you have a good standing with your current Landlord and all your payments (car, loans, etc) have been on time recently. If you would like assistance finder another lease property please contact us at 713-503-5451 or visit our websit at
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 3, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Katy > Rental Basics in Katy > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer