Crime & Safety in 22712>Question Details

Debra Murphy, Home Seller in Virginia Beach, VA

on a home at 1304 marsh rd

Asked by Debra Murphy, Virginia Beach, VA Wed Jun 27, 2007

There is a big problem with this home and the owner was frauded, she never signed with them to sell it infact she never met the person who sold it and the loan was left in her name no papers signed by her, the deed was transfred over and the loan stayed in her name, I believe it was a fraud and I have advised them to hire a lawyer.

Help the community by answering this question:


Don't bother calling the police as they wouldn't know how to handle this type of fraud, unless there is a "Fraud Division". What I would do is get all the documents that were filed with the county and make an appointment with the District Attorney's Office. They should be able to help with this. You did not provide enough details for me to give you a better answer. Was this done with a quit claim deed? What Attorney handle it? This information would be found at the Dept of Real Estate in Riverhead.

Wish I could help you more but as I said not enough information to go on.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer