If your home is priced right and shows better than the competition it should sell. As they pointed out as you want to buy another house , you will save money when you are buying and get a good deal too.
That is a great question.
The benefits of selling in the Spring Market:
1) Follow the trend. "The Spring Market" is notorious for bringing out more buyers.
2) Listing in the Spring allows for a Summer Sale and families are able to get ther children ready for a new school in August and September.
3) The Open House events are much more successful during the milder months of Spring
4) Spring sales are often poduce a slightly higher sales price for the seller.
The challenges in a Sprng Market:
1) "The Spring Market" brings out many more "tire kickers" as my husband calls them. They are the curious but unmotivated and unqualified buyers. Quantity may not mean quality.
2) Other folks are doing the same thing - waiting to put their property up in the spring as well so there may even more more inventory - see:http://activerain.com/blogsview/835410/Should-I-list-now-or-
The bottom line is that it is up to your personal goals. If it is in your best interests to sell and move upstate well then now is the best time. It is also important to note that if one is buying a home there is a huge advantage as whatever amount you may sell your property for less than you would have a year or two ago, you can more than make that up on the buy side !
So a long answer, but there are a lot of variables.... The good news about Fishtown is that values have held their own pretty well and it does not take too long to get the job done. View our blog (link below) for more info about Fishtown and tips about selling your home.