Since you are starting FSBO you could start collecting cards of realtors to interview later as they stop by.
For Sale by owner homes last longer on market most likely seller contacts a realtor list home.
SUGGESTION: There are some flat fee listing agents who can post in MLS, everytime we have buyers as busy realtors drive past many homes that could a buyer interested however buyers like to leave up to realtors search for homes within there specification. Buyers dont have time investigate homes sold by owners.
NOTE: Seller no matter what must follow laws of that state to sale any property. Season veterans are out there who search for sellers take advantage of you next your sued.
REAL ESTATE AGENTS: must follow laws of states, e & o insurance if any gets sued its broker/agent not the owner.
SAFETY FOR FAMILIES: Real estate agents confirmed buyers are qualified by lenders prior to working with family, we ensure your safety when showing a home. FSBO (for sale by owner) how are you confirming who your showing the property to. REALTORS ensure our safety, some agents have lost their lifes or assualted by person(s) they did not qualify prior to working with them SAD but true !
You were asking about ways to get your home on the MLS. That is called a limited services flat fee service. I'm not sure who in Putnam County offers those services.
As far as figuring out how much the additional costs will be, I'd contact a real estate attorney who handles title and closings and have them walk you through that process. Of course, that may be costly based on who you choose.
Your best bet on advertising will be to reach out to the REALTOR community for buyer's agents to bring clients your way. The latest national statistics show that 84% of today's buyers are connecting to their home through their agent. That leaves only 16% of all serious buyers out there to connect with. You'll want to consider that in the budget also.
Baxter's a great place! I hope you the best to get it sold at the price you need and the time frame you want.