Foreclosure in Missouri>Question Details

Ruth, Other/Just Looking in Missouri

after a foreclosure,if my house does not sell for what i owe,will i have to pay the difference,and

Asked by Ruth, Missouri Tue Nov 11, 2008

also,should i file bankruptcy.

Help the community by answering this question:


I have to agree with the previous answer--this is a question for an attorney, preferably an experienced bankruptcy attorney. I sympathize with your situation and concern--I've been in that position myself, back in the '80's, and it is not a fun place to be! But your situation is unique and we, as Realtors, are not qualified to answer these kinds of legal questions. Please see a bankruptcy attorney right away--he or she can answer your questions and help you navigate through this with less stress. Good luck!
Sue Trautner, CRS 210-363-9282, San Antonio, TX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 23, 2011
If you are thinking of filing bankruptcy, see a lawyer immediately before the lender files a foreclosure. If your lender has a Deed of Trust on your home and files a foreclosure action, it only takes a short time before you are evicted. Bankruptcy puts another light on your defaulted loan. Please make an appointment with a good bankruptcy attorney today to answer your questions and advise you.
June Constable, Keller Williams Realty ( Kimberling City branch office) 417 230-2016
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 23, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer