Question Details

Tom and Heat…, Home Buyer in District of Columbia

Can you make and offer on a house if the Listing Agent is out of town?

Asked by Tom and Heather, District of Columbia Fri Apr 11, 2008

How odd that the guy went out of town the DAY AFTER it listed!!!

What should I do? I am ready to roll!

Help the community by answering this question:


Have your agent submit the listing to the listing office. I always request to be able to present the offer myself to the sellers. But, the agent should have someone covering their listings.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 11, 2008
Absolutely, Typically agents make provisions with someone in their office to handle their business for them while they're out of town.

With that being said, don't make an offer directly to a listing agent. You need to hire a buyer's agent - someone to look out for your best interests in the homebuying process. It costs you nothing - they typically are paid by the seller. The listing agent represents the seller and is looking out for the best interests of their client - they want the highest and best possible price.

A buyer's agent will help you with market value, negotiations and the maze of paperwork needed to get through the home buying process.

Best wishes!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 11, 2008
sure, just submit it to their broker.
good luck
agent- leanne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 11, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer