Foreclosure in Pueblo>Question Details

Kenneth Vena…, Home Buyer in Pueblo, CO

What is a way to estimate my defiiceny and tax liiablity for a 1099c after a forclosure?

Asked by Kenneth Venanzi, Pueblo, CO Mon Apr 7, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


You may fall under the debt relief act that took effect recently. Here is the link to that act, along with the form you will need to file if you in fact receive a 1099 for the deficency. Please read the information and follow it up by consulting an accountant.

Here is a link to an article from the IRS outlining the act.,,id=179073,00.html

This next link is common questions about the act.,,id=179414,00.html

This last link is the IRS form you would need to fill out to receive the debt relief.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 8, 2008
You are going to have to talk to a CPA and/or an attorney.

If you were a owner occupier you might fall under Bush's new plan. See this link:

Whatever deficiencies you have you will have to have documented proof such as receipts, the HUD, corresponding paperwork, etc...

I'd speak to an attorney and/or CPA to ensure you making the best financial choices in regards to this already difficult situation.

Good luck,
Susan Walker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 7, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer