Crime & Safety in Florida>Question Details

Jouhn, Home Seller in Holiday, FL

who do i report illegal real estate activities to in florida?

Asked by Jouhn, Holiday, FL Wed Apr 2, 2008

i know of an agent that is selling illegally in florida. who do I report it to?

Help the community by answering this question:


Again,more info is needed.

FREC may be the answer.
Getting a real estate attorney may be the right choice
Arbitration may be bettter, or...
.you could just be misinformed and not need to waste your time.

As I said before, more info needed. Why do you feel you have an illegal real estate activity issue? Once you answer this, then we can all direct you to a better, more informed resource to help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2008
It depends on what you think is illegal. There are several places to report. What I have found is that what consumers think is illegal, is most often a miscommunication error. tell us more about what happened and if it was REALLY illegal, I will tell you the best place to go to report it.
As a 30 yr vet in this industry, I don't condone illegal activities either, so it is not that I don't believe you, but need more info to help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2008
The Florida Professional Licensing Department
A free service provided for the protection of our consumers.
Your input is valuable in maintaining the high standards we abide by.

Thank you for you attention and vigilance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 28, 2010
You have had many answers, all great idea's, some questions to you as well.. It is time for us to hear back from you with more information.

We have all spent our time helping you, the least you could do is touch base and give more info and say thanks for the input.

I think this is what aggravates me the most about this forum, there is hardly ever any feedback from the original poster.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2008

Sorry to learn of your troubles.

Step 1. Go to Pasco County Clerk of Courts and search the records for your name and verify the deed and mortgage are in your name.

Step 2. Take info if all is in order to the States Attorney for your area (he works free) and discuss the situation.

Step 3. If there is a cause of action, sit back relax, and watch the fireworks.

Good Luck,

JD “Dan” Weisenburger, GRI
Broker-Associate REALTOR®
Vanguard Realty, Inc. GMAC Real Estate
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2008
Hi Jouhn. If this is in reference to your other question, the other agent might not be aware of his actions. Get to the root of the issue, gather your facts and consult the parties at question. If all else fails, like i mentioned in response prior, get an attorney and contact FREC / Florida Real Estate Commission and the Department of Business & Professional Regulations
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2008
Hello Jouhn,

If it is truly illegal, start with the brokerage company, then FREC (Florida Real Estate Commission)
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer