General Area in Kern County>Question Details

Maxine, Other/Just Looking in Kern Co.

I am an out-of-state owner of two small rural plots of land in Kern Co.

Asked by Maxine, Kern Co. Tue Mar 11, 2008

What would I have to do & at what cost to find out what the property values might be?

Help the community by answering this question:


I would be very excited and will go the extra mile for you in listing your property. I have lots of experience in rural land in Bakersfield and Kern County. I have lived here all me life. Please contact me and I will provide you with a free market report on whats happening in Kern County. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Clay McCombs
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 11, 2008
There are some details that you should provide. Do the properties have utilities. This can be a mojor cost for development in Kern county, especially water. Where in Kern Co. are they located? There's a lot of land here that's barren desert, hilly countryside, and various other terrain. Acreage? Frontage? Zoning? Are there tax liens on the property? These are all involved with the valuation of the land. Presently Kern county is re-valuating properties in order to prevent tax defaults and foreclosures, you may just wish to play a wait-and-see game concerning the cost of upkeep to determine whether or not you wish to sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
A licensed Appraiser who provides service in that area can provide you with an accurate appraised value of the properties. The need (intended use) would determine the type value conclusion. Also, an appraiser would provide an unbiased opinion since he/she would not have a direct or indirect vested interest in the outcome of any current or future transactions regarding the properties. Here is a link to find an appraiser in the area: When you go to the site - click on the tab (on the left) "Find an Appraiser" - enter the city and zip - click search - a list of active appraisers in good standing will come up.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2008
Hi...I am a Realtor w/Coldwell Banker and am specalizing in The Kern River Valley area. The rural and Resort areas around Bakersfield have a wide variance of prices. You should find a Realtor specalizing in the specific area you have property in ie:zip code. They should be more than happy to give you a free estimate of the value of your property in hopes if they do a good job for you, you will in turn list with them if you decide to sell
Barbara Maheras
Coldwell Banker Riverlakes
Bakersfield, CA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2008
Almost any good realtor can help you with comps for your land. at no cost or obligation to you. This is a service I provide for folks all the time.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2008
You need to look at comparable properties in the area. What has sold recently, and for what price? What are others asking for their land? Once you have found those, then ask if there are features that are unique to your land, ie.. something that the others might not have (stream, etc...) The zoning must be the same on the comps as well. It would be best to be introduced to an agent that works in that area. hope that helps...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer