Home Buying in 60629>Question Details

Marion Ander…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

if i wanted to back out of a purchase, due to the fact that i can not afford it now

Asked by Marion Anderson, Chicago, IL Tue Jul 1, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


I agree with Brandon. If you are having buyers remorse you need to think it through before loosing your earnest money. If your employment has changed then the conditions of your pre-approval have changed and you are no longer able to qualify. That would be the "honest" way out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 1, 2008
Simple ... Call your attorney and your loan officer. If your mortgage company issued a commitment, with a clear to close you may be in breech of the contract and the seller may get your earnest money.

I never understand how someone "can't" afford a home all of a sudden. What did you do in order to change your financial situation? Or are you just getting cold feet?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 1, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer