Home Buying in Castro Valley>Question Details

Califgirl, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

i just recived a 3 day notice to quit, but i also singed a cash for keys areement that says i have 30 days,

Asked by Califgirl, Bakersfield, CA Sun May 17, 2009

do i have to leave in 3 days?

Help the community by answering this question:


I agree with Ming - except for the slam ... :(

We should all play nice here.

A “Cash For Keys” agreement with an official representative of the bank is designed to trump anything else. That’s the intent and purpose of such an agreement.
Web Reference: http://www.carlmedford.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 17, 2009
Lynn, why answer a question you are so obviously so clueless about? Did you get your license out of a Cracker Jack Box?

Caligirl, you don't have to leave in three days. A 3Day Notice is a precursor to them filing an unlawful detainer action against you, which is the procedure used to evict someone. As long as you have a cash for keys agreement signed by the bank (or their representative) you should be fine. They are protecting themselves in the event you don't live up to the terms of the agreement you signed with them.

In the event you are actually served with the unlawful detainer lawsuit (which is unlikely) a judge would probably be on your side because of the cash for keys agreement you have.

You would probably be well served to have an attorney or real estate broker take a look at your paperwork to be sure.

I hope this is actually helpful.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 17, 2009
Three day notice is start of eviction paperwork. If you do not leave after three days they will file unlawfull detainer action in court. Unlawfull detainer can take sometime depending on how busy court house is. Cash for keys is agreement is if you leave in 30 days you will get cash upon surrender of keys. Cash for Keys is incentive for you to leave otherwise Unlawfull detainer is legal action.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 4, 2009
it would seem as if you do have time to stay since you do have an agreement. it would probably be best to go down to the court house to see if you need to file anything. you might be better off paying an attorney $150 to figure this out for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 17, 2009
No one can answer that question UNLESS review all documents you have signed. Best contact lender.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 17, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer