Casas123, Home Seller in Charlotte County, FL

In the state of Florida, can a licensed mobile home broker sell a mobile home that's been classified as real

Asked by Casas123, Charlotte County, FL Tue Feb 17, 2009

property and is on the tax rolls as real property? Or would they need a real estate license?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Casas,

Florida Real Estate sale is covered under SF 475…

Mobile home law is under See:…

Real Estate agents can not render an opinion of law as you ask. It is my understanding Real Property must be sold by a License under FS 475

You can search for a license at

and you can report a violation at:

steps to file are

To file a complaint, please select the professional category from the drop-down list in the field below. If the professional category does not appear on the list, please contact (850)487-1395 to ascertain whether or not the Department of Business and Professional Regulation has jurisdiction over the profession.

Most complaints against regulated professionals or their establishments are confidential. We are prohibited from discussing a confidential complaint with you pursuant to Section 455.225(10), Florida Statutes. For complaints filed against unlicensed persons, Community Association Managers, and complaints made with the Division of Hotels and Restaurants, Florida statute provides that any information contained in the complaint is public record. In any event, you will be advised regarding the status of your complaint.

Please understand that the Department's disciplinary authority is administrative in nature. This means that the primary objective of any discipline against a professional licensee is the imposition of fines, and/or suspension or revocation of licensure. It is recommended that you consult an attorney regarding any civil remedies that may be available to you, and to address any matters regarding financial damages.

To file a complaint regarding an issue involving a condominium or cooperative; a mobile home park; a timeshare; a yacht and ship broker and/or salesperson; click on the Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, in the box below, for access to complaint forms and to other information relative to the Division. Generally, and with limited exceptions, Division investigations are public records available to anyone under the provisions of Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, known as the Florida Public Record Law.

DIRECTIONS FOR FILING A COMPLAINT: Select the professional category from the drop-down list below and click Continue. You may either type in your information, print the completed form and sign OR print the blank form, type/write in your information and sign. The completed form cannot be saved to your PC.

In order to make a legal evaluation, any and all supporting documentation regarding the allegations must be in the Department's possession. The complaint must also be signed by the complainant where indicated. In most cases, if supporting documentation and signed complaint is not received within 30 days, the complaint will be dismissed.

Mail your completed form and supporting documentation to DBPR at the address on the last page of the complaint form.

So I can not tell you if this person broke the law or not.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 18, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer