Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in SA

Can anyone recommend a housing inspector in SA? Also, what qualifications should we look for?

Asked by Chris, SA Sun Jun 8, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Ask questions first...such as whether the inspector carries Error and Omission Insurance (and how much)? Yes, I can recommend companies, and am happy to do so for my clients.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 18, 2008
I personnaly use Jeff Adams for myself who has been the past president of the san antonio realestate inspectors assoc for 5 years. Has taught inspector classes, and testifies in court. 823-8672 Atty's dont like us referring inspectors thus you havent had allot of responses. Ask an inspector how many lawsuits in the past have been filed against then might be a good question to start with......lol.......good luck
Web Reference: http://www.BeckyRummel.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2008
I don't have a specific recommendation, but if you don't have a good referral from your realtor, lender, or friends, families, co-workers, then you might check out the websites below.

You might look at the http://www.tarei.com/ website. I also recommend you use someone at the professional inspector level.

You can also see info on the TREC website at Paths to an Inspector License - There are three levels of inspector licensure: Apprentice Inspector, Real Estate Inspector, and Professional Inspector. To obtain a Real Estate Inspector or a Professional Real Estate Inspector license you have a choice of two paths: the Three-Tier progression, and the Education/Experience Alternative...see more. http://www.trec.state.tx.us/inspector/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 9, 2008
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Howdy Chris, I have used a team of brothers called Accuspec for many many years. These guys are top notch and they would be the home inspectors on any home that I would purchase new or pre-owned. You can set up an appt. with their assistant Martha at 210-696-5585. It's also a wise thing to get a termite inspection - Stout Pest Control - 210-967-7378. Tell them Ron Mersinger referred you over. Let me know how they work out for you.
Web Reference: http://www.homeron.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 8, 2008
Your realtor should be able to assist you with inspectors. All inspectors have to be certified by the State of Texas go thru class work.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 8, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer