(1) Review all disclosures. These are usually available online.
(2) Inspect the home. There are usually open houses or you can work with an agent to open the hosue for you.
(3) You'll want to review the preliminary title. That'll be available online or an agent can get it for you.
(4) You'll want to review comparable properties.
(5) Most importantly, make sure your loan is credit approved before the auction. If you fail to close, for any reason, the auction company will keep your money.
(6) Most auction companies want you to regisiter online before the auction.
(7) You'll need to take a cashiers check to the auction. Check the auction website for details.
(8) Most auction companies will add an auction service fee of around 5% to the winning bid.
Thanks for the opportunity to help. Feel free to contact me directly at 951-571-9229 or Sean.Giorgianni@gmail.com for details.
Hope this helps
First Team Real Estate