Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Michael, Home Buyer in Joliet, IL

Will it still get the $8,000 first time home buyer tax credit if i make over 90,000 a year?

Asked by Michael, Joliet, IL Sat Apr 18, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Depending on your income, you can get a partial credit. For a single individual, it goes up to $95,000 and for married filing jointly, it's up to $170,000. While you won't get the entire $8,000 as an individual, you will get something which is still great. If you're above these limits, then it won't apply to you.

Use the link in the previous answer for all the details and good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Are you single? The maximum income for one person is $75K, Michael, for married filing jointly $150K. Here is a link that may be useful. Good Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer