Market Conditions in 92036>Question Details

Terry, Other/Just Looking in Julian, CA

what is a free way to get a bpo on my house?

Asked by Terry, Julian, CA Tue Aug 12, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Terry, Catherine is correct you want a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis). I'm very familiar with the area if you would like some help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
Free way to get a BPO....
call a Real Estate agent in the area where the home is located.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 21, 2011
BPOs have different rules than CMAs, and if anyone disagrees then please explain why a lender doesn't just order a CMA. It's not to be fancy, there are rules that go against a traditional CMA.

All you have to do is ask a Realtor and many are willing to do a CMA for free. In a growing number of states BPOs cannot be done for a fee legally, and be careful as to why you want a BPO instead of a CMA.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 20, 2011
I like Catherine's answer.

BPO = lender ordered.

CMA = homeowner requested.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 18, 2010
Hi Terry,

You need to call a realtor in your area and let them know you are thinking of selling your house and would like to know what it is worth. We in the realtor business call it a CMA. When I do a price for lenders they call it a BPO (brokers price opinion).

Hope that helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2008
You need to find a Realtor in your area and ask him/her to run the comps for you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer