Bottom line we were worried also when we bought....we still own our home and love Waterlefe...none of the road issues have made us regret buying because they have not come true! Most of it is all talk...Waterlefe Residents look out for each other and their properties.
Good luck to you.
Jim Soda 941-809-7759
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch - Longboat Key
1. The neighborhood has a golf course and 120 homes with docks in the back yard. also, 68 slips at the community marina (slips are available for seperate purchase). Boating was the major consideration for us in our home purchase, but we didn't want to live on a canal, with a marginal view, and direct bayfront was too pricey for a newer home. Our waterlefe home has a great view, plus my 28 foot boat is right outside. It is about a 40 minute ride out to the gulf. We have taken our boat as far as Key West..
2. The community seems like the right size, with a little over 700 units here. About a third of the homes and condos are seasonal, and vacation.
3. We have a great lifestyle and community feel, with the clubhouse, gym, golf shop, nature trails/boardwalks, and park areas.
4. This is great location in East manatee. A few years ago when we moved here it felt more remote, but now shopping and dining options are close by. Of course you can zip into Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, or even St. Pete/Tampa.
5. I really like the range of homes here. Many communities do not have homes valued over 4 million, and also entry level homes that are in the low 200's. It's nice to have a nice variety.
I hope this helps! Sales have been very brisk in the recent months, so I think alot of other buyers are discovering waterlefe
Jim Soda; 941-809-7759
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch
We agree with earlier comments and concur that Waterlefe has a lot to offer its residents. People here generally appreciate the quality of life it offers as well as its proximity to other nearby attractions. This is a great place to consider.
The "Eckler Team"
The next time you come east just go up to any of the neighbors outside their homes or just knock of some of their doors. Most people are friendly. Tell them you are thinking of buying and what are the pluses and negatives there in Waterlefe.
Think a minute. If someone came to your door and asked the same questions, wouldn't you give honest answers?
Prudential Tropical Realty