Andy, Home Seller in Newton, MA

how to divide 2 family house in Mass into 2 condos?

Asked by Andy, Newton, MA Sun Mar 1, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


It sounds like you already own a two family and simply want to do a condo conversion.
1. Call Max Schechner - 781-935-1818. He is a real estate attorney who specializes in conversions.
2. He will recommend an architect who has to draw simple plans.
3. You will need to make sure you have utilities properly separated.
4. Assuming you are doing this to sell one or both, call me for values!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 1, 2009
You'd need to consult with a real estate attorney to "divide" the property & draw up the condo documents, an architect/engineer to make detailed drawngs & measurements for the deed(s), you'll then need the proper permissions from the city/town zoning, inspectional services & possibly neighbors assistance for any variances that might be needed.

Your first call should be to the zoning board to see if your property is zoned to allow for the conversion, then the building department for any minimum requirements you'll need to meet to satisfy them. Then consult with the attorney to flesh out the rest.

Good luck, hope that helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 1, 2009
You would need contact city for approval with permits.

Dallas Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair
– Lynn A. Crosby
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 1, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer