Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

I have a kindergartener that was sexually abused twice and bullied daily. I have a docters note to keep him

Asked by Jennifer, Philadelphia, PA Wed May 21, 2008

out of that school for the final 2 weeks ( 17 dayss. ) I will not let him attend that school. What are my options ?? Help !! The scholl adminiatation never has. We have reported all the incidents.

Help the community by answering this question:


Your first steps have been right on target. Keeping your child home will give him a safe, nurturing environment in which to heal. And it sounds like you have a very supportive physician who will back you up.
When you contact the Safe Schools Advocate, be sure to refer to the doctor's excuse. Also, talk to them about alternative education options for your son. Also, ask if the school district is required to provide a home educator while your son is at home (although, he may not be ready to sit through anything resembling school). Find out what provisions are in place to move him to a different school.
Finally, help him to have fun, healthy interactions with children in his age group. This will help him to experience relationships that are fun and will build his self-esteem.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 21, 2008
Try PA Dept of Public welfare(Phila office 215) 560-2955 ) and Dept. of Ed Safe Schools advocate John Connell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 21, 2008
Talk to the police. Any further action on your part probably requires a police report.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 21, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer