Home Buying in Alpharetta>Question Details

Nylubn, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I am looking for a townhome/single family home in Alpharetta Fulton County.

Asked by Nylubn, Atlanta, GA Thu Apr 2, 2009

I am looking for a townhome/single family home in Alpharetta Fulton County in good school district. Can I get a house for 160 K ?

Help the community by answering this question:


It sounds like you need a buyer's agent working on your behalf to find homes that fit your criteria and walk you through the process. I would be happy to help you find what you are looking for and protect your interests. I can be reached at 678-525-6626 or Mandy@CallMandyBecker.com
Mandy Becker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 18, 2009
Some nice ones for sale in that price range in the colony of Rivermont. Great school district with Barnwell elementary just down the street.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 18, 2009
Nylubn -
Hello again! Hope you are well. I realize this post is a bit older, but figured I would still post as I have relevant information...

I have a townhome listing in Alpharetta, Fulton at around $155K - you can see it at: http://leeadkins.net/steeplechase/
It's Alpharetta Elementary, Northwestern Middle and Milton High School.
Check the schools at: http://www.greatschools.net

Your agent can open it up for you any time or I would be happy to show it to you if you like.

404 966 3247
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 29, 2009
Check this out http://www.postlets.com/res/1990694
I just listed it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 10, 2009
Yes you can. A single family home might be a little tougher than a townhome, but they do exist. With the many foreclosures North Fulton county has seen as of lately, some homes have fallen into that price range. Start the search on your own, if you haven't already. There are plenty of great real estate websites that show all of the listings. When you are ready, contact a qualified agent to assist in the remaining steps to purchase. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 10, 2009

I don't have a listing in Alpharetta, and can be completely objective about your purchase there while only representing your interests. I can also speak with you at length about down payment assistance that can make the townhome more affordable. Read up on the Georgia Neighborhood Stabilization Program funds available to purchase foreclosures at the link below. You'll find the flier to the left of the screen. Please call when time permits.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / Consultant - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677

Reason for repost: Bad Link
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 3, 2009
There are several builders that have short sale opportunities in the area also.
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByLorie.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
I actually just listed a townhome in Alpharetta with low forsyth county taxes. It's a 3bdrm/2.5 bath listed at $157,000. It's in a great location right around the corner from Windward Parkway. Visit my website at http://www.CallMandyBecker.com to see the virtual tour. Call me if you want to see this or if I can help you find more properties to view. 678-525-6626
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
I have a listing that has an Alpharetta address, but is just on the other side of the Forsyth County line.
It is in the highly ranked South Forsyth School system and is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, brick and frame house on a .49 acre fenced, cul-de-sac lot. This house is currently listed for $165K but I'm sure we could make a deal come together that works for both parties. Let me know if you would like more information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
Dear Nylubn,
The short answer is yes, you can buy a townhome and even a single family home for $160,000 in Alpharetta. A lot of these may need some repairs. You should definitely choose a buyer's agent to work with you. They can give you advice on features to look for in a home and features to avoid, and help you navigate the complexities of writing a real estate contract, doing an inspection, and obtaining a mortgage. Their services are paid for by the seller, and are free to you, but they will represent you as your agent if you sign a written buyer's agency agreeement.

If Julie and I can be of help in your home search, please give me a call.
Andrea Hanley
Cell: 404-457-9338
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer