Foreclosure in Mansfield>Question Details

A, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

I'm interested in a short sale, but on the door there is a notice to vacate and the name of a new real estate

Asked by A, Seattle, WA Wed May 13, 2009

company. What does this mean for my ability to purchase the house? Who do I deal with - the old or new real estate group? Any suggestions on how to get the house?

Help the community by answering this question:


It means the bank has taken the house back in a foreclosure. Contact the agent listed on the sheet and your agent should be able to make an offer and you should be able to get an answer quickly.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 29, 2010
If the notice to vacate has been posted then it is no longer a short sale. It is a foreclosure.

That is good news to you because you won't have to wait months to get an approval through a short sale.

There will be several steps before it goes on the market. I will be happy to research it for you if you are not represented by a buyer's agent.

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 13, 2009
You need to work direct with YOUR OWN buyer's agent WHO represents you obtain correct info. saves you much time and energy involved.

RULE OF THUMB: never purchase a home direct from following unless you have own agent:
Bank, builder, FSBO, listing agent, seller

If the home NOT gone thru entire process it could be months prior any paperwork completed:

Direct link of "real time active listings in Mansfield homes for sale

Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Office: (972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 13, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer