Home Buying in 12771>Question Details

Carlos Miche…, Home Buyer in Queens Village, Queens...

I want to buy a house in Port Jervis NY. How do I know the flloding risk I will be exposed to.?

Asked by Carlos Michelen, Queens Village, Queens, NY Sun Apr 27, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


The town building department will have more up to date information and is more reliable then any flood map. Call them...and then call me...I will be happy to help you. Port Jervis is an area where you can find some real good buys and many homes are not in the flood areas.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2008
I have a home for sale ON THE RIVER, on HIGH STREET...off the flood plain, over the 100 year flood mark and with beautiful panoramic views of the pennsylvania ridges and up and down river views ...google 15 HIGH STREET, PORT JERVIS,NY and you can see the pics...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 17, 2013
When I carried flood insurance it was 300 per year to cover hosue and contents...cheap for all that it covers...
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
You can just buy my house.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 18, 2010
Any realtor in the area will have access to the flood zone maps. The information is provided to them via the mls.
Web Reference: http://www.RemoRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
Any agent who is familiar with the Port Jervis area will be able to give you an idea of what areas are prone to flooding and which ones haven't. There are many homes in Port Jervis that are a great buy and not even close to being in a flood zone. Please contact me for more information. I can send you a list of homes in your search criteria that aren't in a flood zone and haven't flooded.
Thank You,
Sandy Turnbull
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 7, 2009
Web Reference: http://www.shoookie.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2008
The one person with most to lose in this situation would be an insurance agent who would be covering the property. The company that insures the closest to water is State Farm. They will go up to 2500'.

Call a State Farm agent with an address and they should be able to tell you what the risk is. If you need a recommendation, contact me off line Gail@GailGladstone.com.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2008
Look on a flood zone map and have a licensed home inspector examine the home for evidence of prior flooding. I good real estate agent can help you with this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer