Home Buying in 96816>Question Details

Vladimir Rad…, Home Buyer in Hawaii

Buying Single home unit in HAWAII on B1/B2 status?

Asked by Vladimir Radovic, Hawaii Thu Jan 22, 2009

I would like to buy single home unit on Oahu (probably somwhere in 96816 zip code area).
I am from Europe and i am not citizen of US. I have B1/B2 visa for 3yr i don't have SSN and i don't have TIN.
(I will ask very soon for TIN because opening US Bank account)
I just got 6m entry. I don't wanna work because i have regular monthly income without working. That means i don't wanna applay for H1-B working visa.

Also i have something about 400.000$ for downpayment. Is it possible to take some loan for rest (because my wishes are single home unit for 800.000$)

Can i buy house? What about my visa? how to don't go in and out USA every 6m?

I will contact some relator very soon but before that i just want ask u for some opinions here.

Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:


Vlad - Here is an immagration attorney http://www.immagrateus.com and her name is Carmen Diamore-Siah 1-808-531-2277 , just tell her that I referred you to her . Her email is carmen@immagrateus.com

Robert Huber RA hulahomes@hotmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Vladimir - I have a confidentiality agreement for you to sign regarding looking at the business plan and location of the business . I will be glad to send you the file with pictures and financials , including the income statement . The rent for the restaurant is super low . Please send me your email and I will send for signature first , and then send you a prospectus on the restaurant . EB 5 you have to have 10 employees for a two year minimum , then you cancome and go as you please . Also , it is to my understanding that you have to show asset verification to show that you will be able to keep the business afloat for two years as well .

Robert Huber RA
Web Reference: http://www.robhuber.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Aloha, Vladimir - Frank is exactly correct. You really should speak with an immigration attorney. Apparently the rules about buying a business and getting a work visa associated with that have changed a lot in the past few years, I've just spent some time asking around. Here is someone that can help you: Laisin's cell is (808) 342-8660. Email: lslee@hawaii.rr.com. Please tell her that Katie from Lava Rock Realty recommended you speak with her. Good luck! Katie Minkus, R(B). It Takes Courage to Live on a Rock!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Hi Vladmir,

Buying property is not the key to getting a non-immigrant Visa. It will do nothing for you as far as immigration goes. They are two totally separate items. The B1/B2 will get you here, but that is all.

If and when you do buy a property, you are subject to higher taxes when you sell, called HARPTA and FIRPTA. The best thing to do is to talk to an attorney specializing in immigration. I can recommend a good one in Washington DC if you like, or here in Hawaii. The attorney can advise you on your Visa restrictions, how to convert to a different visa, tax consequences, residency requirements and the requirements needed in order to qualify for a regular loan.

Do you have a single entry or multiple entry visa? If you have single entry, it is good for one use only. For multiple, you have a number of entrances or (unlimited ) over the period stamped in your passport on the visa. Do you see a certain number there or does it just say multiple entry?

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Vlad - I have a business you can buy , which would enable you to stay for more than 6 months . We can look for a home as well in 96816 . Call me when you arrivfe 1-808-457-5200

Robert Huber RA Executive Associate
Realty Executives Oahu
Web Reference: http://www.hicentral.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Aloha, Vladimir... It is my understanding that if you buy a business over a certain dollar amount in Hawaii, you will qualify for a certain type of work visa that will allow you to stay in the country and not be forced to leave every 6 months. Buying a property/home will not give you that right. I work with some colleagues on Oahu who are CIPS certified - (Certified International Property Specialist) and they would be able to walk you through the entire process from start to finish. If you'd like an introduction to one of them, please contact me directly: katie@katieminkus.com. Best of luck to you and Happy Aloha Friday!! Katie Minkus, R(B). It Takes Courage to Live on a Rock!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Buying a home does not give you any kind of residency.
There is another type of Visa, called EB-5. TRY:

Go to http://hawaii.gov/dbedt AND http://www.aila.org/
Search for eb-5

There are requirements on the amount you invest and the number of jobs created. It varies by State and location

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Aloha, Vladimir - if you want or need any assistance or to see property while you're visiting the Big Island, please don't hesitate to contact me. I live in Puako Beach, on the Kohala Coast north of Kona by about 20 miles. 808-895-4327, katie@katieminkus.com. Have fun and best of luck to you!! Warm aloha, Katie Minkus, R(B).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 24, 2009
Hello everybody,

Thanks for all this super info. Now it is much more clear to me.
Now i need to figure out what is best to do and I will contact right persons.

I am in tour on big island for next month and then i will come back on OAHU.
See you there!

Thank you again.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 24, 2009
Thank you everyone for your quick answers.

It is still not clear to me "if i buy house on Hawaii is it possible to get some permanent residence or something like that because i am limited with number of entrances to USA with my current visa"

I would like to live there and not to come back every 6 month.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Every type of loan is different , to say all are going to be held up is a general statement that is not specific to a certain criterion and a particular institution , or it's policies . Not only is it not a rational statement , but a blanket statement , it isn't a positive view point in a market that has been slower ... let facts on an individual basis hold there own water ...vast generalizations don't do anyone or anything any good nor do they carry any weight in my book .
Aloha , Rob Huber RA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Aloha, gentlemen... FYI, I spoke with a lender tonight who tells me that none of the local Hawaii banks are taking escrows right now of less than 60 days because the enormous number of refinances going through is causing a huge paperwork backup. They simply can't process the paperwork quickly enough. So, for a foreign buyer where you know things will be extra complicated with extra paperwork? I think you're looking at closer to a 90-day escrow, Vladmir. It's a great time to buy!! Warm aloha, Katie Minkus, R(B). It Takes Courage to Live on a Rock!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Zdravo, kako si?

You can get a SSN when you arrive. Just go to the Federal Building on Punchbowl.
You need to register with a local business to use the B1 visa. If it already approved, you just travel back and forth when you want to.
The TIN is more complicated. You should talk to an attorney when you arrive or online.
You do not need to put 50% down payment. 30% should be enough. We can talk to a lender in Hawaii.

Govereete engleskee? Parusski?

There is a Russian Consulate here, but not Serbian. She may be able to answer some questions for you. Let me know if you need the contact name/number.

Web Reference: http://www.hawaiihome.biz/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Vladmir - Yes you can buy with 30% down , and I can suggest a lender for you that can do a pre-qualification for you for a loan in very little time . We can close and record on a property in about 45days on average , or less . My family who adopted me are from Montenegro . Dobro fala .
I need your email address to send you listings ???

Robert Huber RA 1-808-457-5200
Web Reference: http://www.robhuber.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer