Mickey, Other/Just Looking in Sunnyvale, CA

How do I find the value of my condo so I can see if I can qualify to refinance it?

Asked by Mickey, Sunnyvale, CA Mon May 11, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Mickey and thanks for your question.

It sounds like you just need a quick "ball park" figure for your home. If so, then there are several ways to obtain a price and value for your home.

1. Trulia Search - Search for your address on Trulia. Once your address comes up, look to the "comparables" listed on the page. Trulia is wonderful in that it provides you with both the prices and home data for homes that have recently sold, as well as for homes that are currently on the market. By taking a quick view of the other homes, and relative sizes, as well as their locations, you should be able to get a quick estimate of your home's current value. Trulia also provides you with an "average price per square foot" amount, so that--at the very least--you can multiply your home's interior square footage against the average price per square foot to get a "ballpark" value for your home.

2. Go to GetMyHomesValue.com - This site pairs sellers with Realtors who work with the service to help homeowners find values for their properties. Because Realtors are not provided with anything more than very general information about the home, the estimate is likely to be very general and should be considered more of a "ball park" estimate.

3. Work with a Realtor or Mortgage Broker - Both a Realtor and Mortgage broker will be able to provide you with a very reliable estimate by reviewing your home and compariing it with comparable homes in the area. A local area Realtor understands the market and can quickly determine if a home sale is truly comparable based on location and configuration.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
Tel 408-426-1616
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 11, 2009
suggest you talk to your banker. Each bank has a estimated value which they use to determine the value. These proprietary estimators are used to see if you are eligible.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 16, 2014
I don't want to refi= it is paid for, I looking for the current market value for 577 N. 100 W., Provo, UT 84601
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 14, 2014
Hi Mickey, I like Carl's idea that your Buyer Realtor could help you . In my opinion any Realtor that you feel could be considered knowledgeable, in your area, would have enough information and resources to provide you with the information required to make a decision for you.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 11, 2009

You can ask a Realtor to do a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) for you - the best Realtor to do this would be the one who sold you the home.
Web Reference: http://www.carlmedford.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 11, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer