Property Q&A in Bethlehem>Question Details

Christine, Other/Just Looking in Pennsylvania

I want to convert my one car garage into more living space and purchase a one car garage for the back yard.

Asked by Christine, Pennsylvania Thu Jan 15, 2009

I will be adding a one car garage in the back yard.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Christine!

That is a great way to add value to your property and will really help you when it comes time to sell. You will definately need zoning approval and building permits. They are not very difficult to obtain and not very expensive. Easiest way to get some more free information is contact the city and ask for the zoing dept.

When you do get all the required permits and make it a legal addition, you will be increasing the square foot of living space which will add tremendouse value to your property. If you don't get the permits it will come baclk to haunt you when you sell. Also, make sure you are using a reputable, licensed contractor and be sure to ask for references!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 27, 2009
You most likely need to contact city for approval and permits. Check determine you are not in violation of deed restrictions to that area. If you dont comply city can request for all construction restored .
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 15, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer