Foreclosure in Waynesville>Question Details

Kent Williams, Other/Just Looking in Waynesville, OH

My husband is a master plumber and his company has been in business for 25 years, mostly residential. How?

Asked by Kent Williams, Waynesville, OH Sun Feb 22, 2009

would he find out about working on foreclosures?

Help the community by answering this question:


I would suggest finding who th elisting agents are who list foreclosures in your area. While it is true that the banks are losing money on these properties, they are also becoming more realistic in regards to repairs.

I am closing today on a lender-owned property. The bank DID fix water valves (by hiring a plumber) in order to facilitate inspections. They are starting to realize that if they want something to sell, then they have to make it easier for buyers to buy. Many buyers' loans are FHA, which require utilities to be on and systems to be working in order to close.

I know the listing agent for that property has a plumber he uses for all of his needs.

Good luck and warm regards,
Dee Nofziger
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 23, 2009
In our area, Coldwell Banker Heritage has a huge foreclosure business. They represent the bank and list these bank owned properties. However, they do not do any repairs. In fact, the banks rarely will have repairs made on these properites. They are already losing on them and do not want to lose more. Its the buyers of the properties that usually will be the one hiring the plumbers. Coldwell Banker has a concierge program that provides a list of reputable companies which Realtors will recommend. Maybe your husband could join the concierge program. Go to to find out more.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 22, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer