Foreclosure in Highland>Question Details

Jason G, Other/Just Looking in Highland, MI

Who do I contact about foreclosed maintenance?

Asked by Jason G, Highland, MI Tue Mar 25, 2008

I own my own lawn care/indoor-outdoor maintenance company. I recall reading many articles last season about fines for non cared for foreclosed properties. I'm wondering who do I need to contact about obtaining the accounts for these properties?

Help the community by answering this question:


I did a lot of reseach on this exact issue last year also. You should first contact the Realtor assigned to the listed property and if you are not successful in locating the Realtor then contact the City Hall code enforcement offices for direction. More and more cities are adopting ordinances that lenders are required to maintain foreclosed properties once the property is vacant to prevent the hinderance a foreclosed property can impose on a neighborhood. Good luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 25, 2008
You can always contact your City Council Member for your area. They can usually be reached via email and can be very helpful in making sure the proper department is notified about a vacant property that needs attention. Most cities have a procedure in place to address vacant properties.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
Jason, I would contact the listing agents in your area that mainly deal with bank foreclosures. Not sure if it is different where you are at or not, but in my area, a lot of agents decide who to use for this and are reimbursed after closing from the REO companies or banks for the maintenance.

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 25, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer