Question Details

Connie Laugh…, Home Seller in Canonsburg, PA

My neighbor's yard is an eyesore and it is keeping me from selling our house. The twp. is slow in this?

Asked by Connie Laughlin, Canonsburg, PA Sun Mar 23, 2008

process. Should I consult an attorney?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Again,

How easily can you get your hands on a copy of the written ordinances for your town the govern property conditions? In a nearby town to me, a resident is collecting 'farm animals' in an area not zoned for the keeping of such. Her activities violate both zoning and health codes.

An attorney can access these ordinances and laws on your behalf.

You can visit the town hall and request copies of the ordinances, but it will be eaiser and less stressful for you if an attorney does it. Sometimes, sad to say, consumer requests are ignored, while requests from attorneys are met w/ a prompt response. :-(

Depending upon what the problems are w/ the neighboring house, the county may be able to take enforcement. Check both local and county......for zoning and health.

I am not an attorney, so this is not legal advice. If I were you, I would do some homework on my own, and then reach to an attorney.

Best of luck to you.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group - New Jersey
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
maybe your neighbor doesn't have any money to keep up with the jones.
maybe you can help them


good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2008

It seems that you may have a negligence case against you neighbor and how they maintain their property. I would suggest you contact an attorney to see how you can handle this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2008
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Did you mean that the township is not taking action to force the neighbor to clean up his/her property?

Assistance from an attorney may help expedite the response from both the township (if that is what you meant by twp) and the homeowner/neighbor.

Yes, I would seek the assistance of an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
What is a twp? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the term. Is it like a homeowner's association?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer