Question Details

Kelly, Home Seller in Chicago, IL


Asked by Kelly, Chicago, IL Thu May 7, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


You can create a postlet at and a website for you property at

Hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009

Lynn is correct in that only agent/broker represented properties are allowed in the listing section. However, also as lynn mentioned you can place an ad in the blog section complete with links, photos and youtube video.

Whether you are represented by an agent or not, the blog attached to the link below may be of some interest to you. While it is directed to FSBOs, even if you are represented, there are even some ideas in it that you could possibly use to augment your agent's marketing plan. Please if represented, always keep your agent abreast of anything you do on your own, and use your agent for the contact person. Good luck.…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
YES, you may post your home as a For Sale By Owner. However, there are some guidelines that you'll need to follow to avoid fines and/or jail time.

See the website below on Fair Housing Laws. These laws vary depending on the quantity and type of properties you plan to sale or rent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
If you are talking about here on Trulia it requires a professional real estate agent representing you as your listing agent, you might be able create a blog.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer