Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Kat5, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I own a 4 unit building in San Francisco but I now live overseas. What are the chances of me being able to?

Asked by Kat5, San Francisco, CA Thu May 7, 2009

refinance this property based on a salary not paid in US dollars?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Kat5,

Please log on to my website - http://www.sallyrosenman.com - and go to Referrals. Under mortgage brokers and bankers I have quite a few good people listed. I would call or email Robin Powell or Serena Greening as they are excellent.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
Kat5 it is going to depend on your credit history here in the US. Did you inherit the building or did you live here at one time. Lots of questions because there are many rules.

Start with your own banker where you are, see if they have a relationship with a nationsl US bank. If you are a US citizen and pay taxes here that will document your income. Wahtever don't be discourged if it doesn't go well right now, the lenders are smarting from thier stupidity of the past few years.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

Shoot me an email and I can give you three references for excellent finance people. I also work regularly with a title company who has handled overseas transactions.


Lance King/Managing Broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
Call Greg Kelisky at 415-828-5818 or Gkelisky@aol.com and ask him what to do. Greg has been in the mortgage business for years. He might not be able to help, but can at least put you in the right direction.

Good luck,

Dave Tap Tapper
Cashin Company
Web Reference: http://www.Teamtapper.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 7, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer