Home Buying in Sunnyvale>Question Details

Aarthi, Home Buyer in Sunnyvale, CA

Can someone recommend a licensed Foundation Specialist who can inspect a home in Sunnyvale ?

Asked by Aarthi, Sunnyvale, CA Wed Mar 5, 2008

The current disclosure report mentions that "Horizontal cracking was noted to the foundation at the left side rear". Report recommends a licensed foundation specialist to evaluate the problem.
We do not know how serious this issue is and how it affects the home value. We need the person who can inspect the property within the next 2 days of this posting.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Arathi,

I would recommend using Craig Moorehead of Wellhouse. His phone is 408-370-9192. I understand he is a design engineer also.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2008
I would also ditto Alex's recommendation of Huck Construction as an option.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2008
Hi Aarthi,

I'd recommend a reliable specialist to get the report and if there are repairs, get a few bids before choosing to go forward with one.

Here are three that you can contact:

Larrabee Construction

Huck Construction

Western Concrete

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2008
I have used Brian Larrabee at Larrabee and Associates over the years and have been completely satisfied with their services.

They are located in Campbell.

Web Reference: http://www.TalkToCJ.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2008
Hello Aarthi,

You have horizontal cracking in your foundation which typically means rusted rebarb that was reinforcing your foundation. You should definiltey consult in a licenced contractor, I would recommned Larrabee, they are the only one that are general engineers and really qualified to fix these sort of problems. The general cost will be about $900-$1000 per linear foot of foundation that is being replaced, plus any city permit costs.

Larrabee is pricer but they are the most professional and qualified that I have encountered and I have dealt with many of these so-called foundation experts.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2008
Contact Earthquake Readiness @ (650) 324-3322. They are excellent specialists.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 5, 2008
Hello Aarthi,
I can reccommend Dean Jones, licensed contractor and foundation inspector. He has performed inspections for me, and did the foundation repair work for me at my own home. He is reputable and reasonably priced. You can reach Dean at (408) 594-1600 or InspectorDeanJ@aol.com.
Please tell him that Bart referred you.
Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.BartForHomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 5, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer