Home Selling in 33897>Question Details

Paula, Home Owner in 33897

What type of agent do I need to sell my manufactured home on leased land? It is located in a 55plus

Asked by Paula, 33897 Tue Jul 29, 2008

community with clubhouse, swimming pool and other extras.

Help the community by answering this question:


Real Estate agents can all sell MH's on land, but when on a leased lot there is a separate RE license required, as they are not Real property, but personal property. Park Managers can often sell your home in your park. Have you spoken to your park's manager? That would be the place to start.

You may want to pick up Real Estate magazines in your area and look for ads for homes in parks that have leased land, or better yet drive through some of the parks that charge lot rent and see which Real Estate offices have signs on those properties.

Some parks have rules against signs for sale, if you don't see any signs you may need to stop in the park office to inquire. Some park offices are very helpful and may have a list of agents to give you, others are very territorial and want all park sales to go through their office and will not give you information.

The fact it is in a 55 and older community has nothing to do with who can sell your home. You should have copies of your Park's regulations and if it has a Homeowner's Association all of those documents will be needed.

Carol Ann
H & M Realty of Polk County
Web Reference: http://www.h-mrealty.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
Hi Carol, I'm trying to get clarification because here in Bristol County, these have been sold using the rules that govern real property and I do not think that is the right way to do it. Do you know of another way and perhaps even different guidelines and /or laws pertaining to this?
Flag Thu Jun 4, 2015

A Realtor can not sell your manufactured home on leased land in the state of Florida. In order to be considered real estate the land must convey with the home. Since manufactured homes are titled like cars it takes a different sort of license to sell just the home - something similar to a car dealers license.

If you don't want to handle the sale yourself, talk to your park manager and your neighbors to see if they can recommend someone with the appropriate license.

The best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
The licensing requirements are different in different states. You will want to look for agents that specialize in manufactured housing in your area. Some agent, like myself, actually buy manufactured homes also. My company http://www.sellmobilehome.net is a Manufactured Home Buyer in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Wisconsin, if you happen to be in one of those states.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 5, 2016
I am licensed manufactured home dealer and I sell homes on leased properties, more specific, 55+ communities. One of my clients wants me to auction off his home. How can I go about it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 9, 2011
Although all licensed agents can sell a mobile or mfg home, not all are experienced. You might want to check with your park office to see if they can recommend an agent to you. One thing to do is make sure your agent is a Realtor and has membership to the local MLS. Mobile or mfg homes take much longer to sell, so the more exposure the better. Also, get a health and safety inspection done. You will need to repair these items as required by the park in order to sell. You want to know up front how much it's going to cost you. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
You need a REaltor that understands land leases and expectations of buyers looking for such properties.
Coincidentally I have a top Realtor in your area that I can recommend. I still suggest that you interview him, but he would be a good fit for your situation.

You can call me at 1-888-284-2056 or contact me via my profile.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer