Question Details

Pamela, Home Buyer in Garden City, MI

How can I actually buy a Forclosure in another state Without having to buy some type of membership. This is

Asked by Pamela, Garden City, MI Thu Feb 12, 2009

very frustrating!!

Help the community by answering this question:


Pamela, If you are asking how to view properties nationwide (REO/Foreclosure) for FREE, then here is a way to do so...This site.....
will provide you links to the Bank & Gov. official sites for properties for sale. All these...... ..........Bank REO/property for sale sites...... .....Gov. property for sale sites.
These sites you can view anytime, get the listing information, addresses,Price,contact info,photos ect...
All provided to the public for FREE by the Banks and GOV.

Hope this helps, Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
You need to contact a realtor in that area, who can work on your behalf. Not all websites which require membership fees furnish accurate info. Most updated and correct info. MLS used by professional real estate agents and appraisers. MLS is ruled by professional code of ethics.

If you are searching for investment properties in Dallas Fort Worth area happy to assist you. We tour homes, forward pictures with detail narrative if property is not move condition what is required. We work with investors across the country determine your short / long term goals of investment.

I am a Dallas realtor and Dallas mortgage loan officer "one stop shopping for real estate services" I am also an investor do my own general contracting.

Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor -
The Michael Group "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer - Homewise Lending
Dallas Real Estate Office: (972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009

It sounds as if you have been directed to property located in a Home Owner's Association. HOA's are common and can result in fairly high fees in addition to taxes, maintenance, etc.

Our recommendation is to work directly with a real estate professional and specify your specific needs including not want to be in a community with a mandatory Home Owners Association. A knowledgible agent will b able to help you.

Good luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
Lynn hit in that you can look all you want but a Realtor on the ground in the area you want to buy in is going to be your best bet. First off at least in my area the good foreclosures go pretty fast. So if you are browsing some of the websites then you are a day or two behind since they do not always refresh everyday. Next, there are alot of buyers just like you that may actually live in that area. They are all looking too. So if you have a buyer's agent there that is constantly looking for you (at no charge) then you will know when a good one pops up and you will get the information quickly. You will then be able to put in an offer quickly.

Hope this helps,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
Thank-you Pamela, it's appreciated.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 12, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer