Home Buying in 98022>Question Details

Max, Home Buyer in Cold Bay, AK

I was looking at farmland in Enumclaw(26 acres). What are the requirements to maintain tax status?

Asked by Max, Cold Bay, AK Fri Feb 1, 2008

Planning move south. I assume the property has already had developement rights sold to the county. ie: not subdividable. Could you build a 2d home/mother in law appartment or home and not loose this tax status?

Help the community by answering this question:


Everything you ever wanted to know about King County Municipal Corporation and the unstate of Washington of DeCeit Inc. (Washington D.C.) may be found here - http://www.freedomforallseasons.org. This is 8 years of research and documention regarding exactly what Bruce Bessler of Enumclaw, WA is saying. He is Right ON.

Ironically we are selling our home and 10 acres also, with a view to die for and heading for Montana.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 6, 2012
Is your home listed for sale somewhere ?
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
I live on 37 acres with a creek and love it. Yes I have to deal with king county and zoning restriction but I wouldn't trade it for the world. As for your question on building a 2nd home I would start a feasibility study. As for the tax status what is the property your looking at and what tax status is it under?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
First and foremost do not consider King County at all. It way to restricted over taxed and until the devil and his co-horts get off the King County Council you will continue to lose your rights over your own property. NO one should buy inside King County.

I am trying to sell 37 acres outside of Enumclaw and head to Montana as the restrictions and permit fees are just plain insane. Good ol fat ass Ron Sims and his dictoreal rulings of King County.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 27, 2009
Hi Max, Cold Bay???

It depends on what zoning code the county has designated. Much of that area is zoned RA5 (rural agricultural one home per 5 acres), ra10,(one home per 10 acres) etc. Several of the larger pieces (maybe the 26 acres you are interested) have been zoned so that only one residence can be built. Another issue is how many wetlands are on the property. Very strict building restrictions and set backs.

Send me the tax parcel number or location and I will check zoning to see what it calls for. King County is virtually impossible to get zoning changed. Most areas are changed after they are annexed by a city.

The issue of a mother in law is a different story. Really depends on what and how you build and is specific to the zoning of each tax parcel.

Call me at 206-696-2329 or send an email with the parcel number or exact address or location to Gary@GaryMcNinch.com and I'll be glad to follow up with you.

Good question, good to do your due diligence. Cold Bay ???
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer