Foreclosure in Connecticut>Question Details

J. Garcia, Home Seller in

How do i file taxes if my house was in pre-forclosure in 2007? I didnt make any payments in that time.

Asked by J. Garcia, Thu Jan 24, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Even though you did not pay all of your payments on time you did make payment and in essence paid mortgage interest and taxes on your home so you can still file taxes on the mortgage interest and taxes that you have paid.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 8, 2008
You are asking tax advice. I am a Realtor, not a CPA.
I recommend that you discuss your question with a CPA in your area. Your lender should still provide you with a statement showing the interest and principle that you have paid.

Now if you are concerned about future liability, again, discuss it with a CPA. Also, if you have not already done so speak with the lender regarding any options that you may have. A Realtor may be of some assistance with this process.

I have a blog you can read about the foreclosure process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer