Question Details

Tim, Other/Just Looking in Mission Bay, San Fra...

is there a formula for determining value added for central heat.?

Asked by Tim, Mission Bay, San Francisco, CA Sun Jan 20, 2008

I am in a TIC arrangement with an ex who is resistant to paying his half. I would like to recoup the cost of the upgrade, plus any addition to resell value. Is this possible?adding the

Help the community by answering this question:


Let me see if I understand. You are trying to sell a joint property that won't sell unless the heat is fixed, right?
Or did you get the house and plan to stay there? If you plan to stay and he is not, I think you are stuck with the upgrades. If you are selling (which takes a long time these days), you can offer the upgrade as a credit to the buyers to be taken out of the sales price (you would not do any work until after you have a buyer). You just can't go spending someone else's money and expect them to pay for half.

I hope this helps. There are many legal questions involved so you should probably ask your attorney.
Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 20, 2008
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer