Question Details

Manzer, Other/Just Looking in Florida

Me and my brother own an empty lot in Florida. He had a car acceident and has been in coma for the last two

Asked by Manzer, Florida Sun Jan 13, 2008

years. He had left a power of attorney and the property was transfered under my name. Recently I tried to sell the property, the title company says the power of attorney was not real estate specific and the underwriters are not accepting it. Is there any thing I can do to complete the sale.

Help the community by answering this question:


You need to take your power of attorney to an attorney and have an attorney advise you. I wish I could be more helpful. An estate planning attorney or a real estate attorney can assist. If you identify your location, you might find a RE Pro who can recommend an attorney in that area. I am sorry to hear about your brother.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer