Home Buying in Sunnyvale>Question Details

Erica, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Do agets for mobile/manufacture homes work the same way as Real Estate agents?

Asked by Erica, San Jose, CA Fri Feb 20, 2009

And is it advisable to have your own agent to buy a manufacture home?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Erica, I realize I'm a little late in answering your question but here's some information you may want to check out in case you're still in the market. We're a California RE Broker, Manufactured Home Dealer and licensed, bonded and insured General Contractors. We can offer you a turn key project anywhere in the state of California.

If you would like more comprehensive information about the MH industry please feel free to log onto our Trulia or Active Rain blog [http://activerain.com/action/agents_secure/my_home]. Or for even more comprehensive information feel free to log onto our website.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 26, 2011
Erica, Are you referring to a brand new home or a used manufactured home? If its used then it can be the same, if it's brand new then you deal with a licensed manufactured home dealer. A real estate broker or agent who doesn't hold a manufactured dealers license or manufactured sales license can't sell a new home.

Glen Mitchell
Web Reference: http://www.maui4rent.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 20, 2009
All REALTORs have access to listings of mobile and manufactured homes. New homes of this type are handled by the in house sales professional of the manufacturer. If it is a mobile home, it will have an id title like any motor vehicle. Loans on these can be a little difficult as some lenders may be reluctant to lend on such a property. If the it is a resale and the land has substantially more value than the structure, a loan can be impossible to procure without substantial investment from the buyer. FHA will cooperate if the mobile is double wide and meets their tie down requirements and passes their inspection. Good luck and I hope this was helpful. Mandy Loftis REALTOR, CRS, CSP, E-Pro, GREEN (805) 636-9008 mloftis@prucalhomes.com http://www.venture2ventura.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 20, 2009
Mobile homes sold without land are considered moveable property--like cars. If the mobile is sold with the land it is considered real estate and is sold like any other home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Erica,

I'm assuming that you're talking about buying a manufactured home that's already in a park like Fox Hollow in Sunnyvale. In that case, the process of buying a manufactured home is effectively the same.

There are minor differences in the customary inspections performed - manufactured home have a Health and Safety inspection which is similar to a Property Inspection for a house. Both also get Termite Inspections. Be aware that manufactured homes have a space rent. In the nicer, well-maintained parks, space rent can be ~ $1000 per month.

It's always in your best interest to have an agent help you with a purchase. Understanding all of the purchase contracts, disclosures and inspections can be difficult. A good agent can also help you neogtiate the best price and terms, and ensure you are picking the right home for you.

Earl Girbovan
Intero Real Estate
(650) 248-9255
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 20, 2009
Yes they do. If you would like to search for free for your mobile home go to the website below and you will recieve the new listings as they come up. You'l be one of the first to see this. Become a VIP member and get started.
David Rivas
(408) 431-7202
I live in Sunnyvale
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 20, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer