Home Buying in Cleveland>Question Details

Teri, Other/Just Looking in Hinckley, OH

Considering buying a home for sale by owner. Should we get a lawyer? Are there any real estate agents that?

Asked by Teri, Hinckley, OH Thu Apr 30, 2009

will look over the paperwork for a fee?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello ,

my name is brian i buy and sell homes
check out my site below or email
at bexsentico@yahoo.com

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 24, 2011

If you haven't officially begun your search, consider the benefits of using a Realtor to assist you. By utilizing the expertise a Realtor can provide, it will cut down your search time will very likely save you money in the long run, especially when dealing with those selling their homes For Sale By Owner. In general, FSBO's are overpriced and when dealing with the seller directly, you may not get all the answers you need. By utilizing a Realtor, you will be guided through the process and you won't need to worry about having to find a lawyer or title company or anything else, because you get all the legal stuff included by simply having a loyal relationship with your Realtor.

I'm a Sales Partner on the EZ Sales Team and we don't charge our buyers at all to utilize our services on the "buy side" as we refer to it in the industry. You deserve to be represented appropriately by a knowledgeable agent who will look out for your interests and protect you from overpaying for your single largest investment.

If you're interested in working with an agent, feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to meet you for coffee to discuss how I might be able to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 1, 2009
Teri,If the unrepresented stated that they wll not coop w/Realtor,they will not do your paperwork for you for free,if they are fulltime realtor,sounds,like you need a atty which will cost you,good luck.Seems your trying to beat the realtor and ten wat one to do the work for fee?

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 1, 2009
Hi Teri-
As a Realtor, I have acted to facilitate such transactions for a flat fee.
If you would like more info, please contact me at 440-487-2193 or drop me an e-mail at jwirsing@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 30, 2009

If you have seen the house, then a Realtor does not "technically" have claim to any commission because they were not the "procuring cause" for your home purchase. I do have a deal in progress at the moment where I represented the buyer and she purchased a For Sale by Owner home. In this case, the seller is unrepresented and the buyer is represented by my brokerage and me. In the past, I have handled the paperwork for a fee.

If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail me at Jan@JanSullivan.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 30, 2009
Hi Teri,

Have you already been shown the house by the seller? If so, then there isn't much a real estate agent can do for you. You definitely should have an attorney help you with the transaction.

If you were shown the house by a realtor and the seller agreed to pay the realtor a commission, you would then have the benefit of possibly using that agent's company' attorney.

However, if you haven't seen the inside of a house yet, and this is a fact-finding question before the fact, then there's still time! I'd be happy to help, if that's the case!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 30, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer