Steve W., Home Buyer in

Are there residential tax abatement programs?

Asked by Steve W., Sun Nov 18, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:


Steve, Sorry, I had to look up the website. This site will let you ESTIMATE your new taxes for any home. Homes purchased after May 1st will have taxes pop up the next tax year so its best to estimate your new taxes into your total payment Make sure you enter the correct school district, part of Commerce is in Huron Valley and Waterford schools so do not assume Walled Lake.…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
Steve, The State of Michigan has a MSHDA program for those making less than I believe 72,000 in family income. The State also has the Homestead Property Tax which may offer a refund for renters and homeowners.

Was there something specific you were looking for? Some areas of Michigan have empowerment zones that offer tax incentives for you to live or open a business. Oakland County may have some in Pontiac, but not Commerce.

Some information is available on the website below, it may not be what you're looking for.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer