I actually showed this property to one of my clients. They decided not to buy it. Here is the low down:
1. Located in a great 3 school area (location, location, location).
2. Located adjacent to South High's football field and bleachers (when there is a night game, it is daytime in your back yard).
3. Located adjacent to South High's side fence and field (during the school day can feel like you are an active participant in the physical education program).
4. Remodel not complete (contractor was willing to complete the balance of the work at the original contract amount, which I believe was somewhere around $25K).
5. One of the bedrooms had significant built in's that made the living space rather small.
6. Yard, fencing and gating work / repairs desperately needed.
7. The property had been on and off the market since April 2008.
All that being said, the buyer of this property got a great deal. If the above items are of little or no concern to you, then they got a killer deal. Like I have said before, a well made offer at the right time with the proper justification will still land you a deal in Torrance. Dare to Dream.
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty