1. Work with a quality lender to determine your price range.
2. Work with the Realtor to find a list of foreclosures in the area you would like to live.
3. Be prepared to look at several houses to find the ones you would like to live in.
4. Be prepared to make several offers on several homes.
5. When a counter offer comes back - be ready to respond quickly and patient to go back and forth several times. I have had up to 8 counter offers to get the price my buyer wanted.
6. Be ready to do your inspections quickly - Pest, Roof, HVAC, and Home Inspection
7. Make sure that everything your lender needs is in their hands quickly.
Foreclosures are the right way to purchase now. Good Luck.
Find a good Realtor you can trust and feel comfortable working with.
Rocky, myself and others offer the ability for you to have a professional in the area that understands the Stockton area market. However, as I also do financing or pre-approval for my home buyers, I must tell you that in today's market, an Real Estate agent will want to know that you've successfully been pre-Approved by a noteable lender before they will want to proceed.
Any mortgage officer like myself or others can tell you what you will need to do to be pre-Approved. It's simple. Once that is taken care of, generally 1-2 days, you will know what you can afford and all the costs involved so that you can make the best decision for you and/or your family.
Hope I've been helpful!
FOWLER MORTGAGE & REAL ESTATE COMPANY
2529 W. March Lane, Suite 103
Stockton, CA 95207