How To... in Buffalo>Question Details

Jb, Both Buyer and Seller in Buffalo, NY

Where can I advertise rentals apt's for free other then craigslist and ?

Asked by Jb, Buffalo, NY Mon Dec 1, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


If you want the most exposure hire a real estate agent post in MLS, therefore you are protected under your agents e & o insurance.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008
Depending on where your properties are located, you may want to consider sending notices to the surrounding Colleges, (Buff State, Trocaire, Canisius, Houghton etc.) UB, ECC. You may also want to send something to the Hospitals Human Resource Dept. for resident MDs and Med students. If you are not near these locations or prefer a more long-term tenant, put a notice up at area churches or in their Bulletins.
Joe Sorrentino
MJ Peterson Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008
Craigslist is the absolute best! I have always been able to rent my and my clients' rentals through them within a week or two. It just takes a bit of perfection.

If it's not working, just like selling a house, try these ideas (free advise, don't forget!):

1. Lower the rent you are asking
2. Include electric and/or heat and adjust yoru rent accordingly. Many people just want an all in one rent bill.
3. Clean, paint and improve the rental. Take new pictures, repost on Craigslist.
4. Write a catchy description. Include unique features about the apartment or neighborhood.
5. Hold group showings. Easier for you and everyone can see the place together and ask questions.
6. Lastly, if you are still frustrated, contact a real estate agent who would list and show the rental for you. Not free - usually charge one month's rent, but if it rents then you are getting rent that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And saves you time and headache.

Stick with Craigslist. Repost when you have made the above improvements and I am sure you will rent it within 2 weeks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 2, 2008

You can list it with a realtor getting it the most exposure and on their MLS and syndicated. Let the realtor work to find and qualify a tenant.

Kathy Casarin 570-351-1444 or 585-1500 fax: 585-0507
Prudential Preferred Properties REALTOR
$ Multi-Million Dollar Producer $
Fine Homes International Specialist
Chosen As One Of The Nation's Top 50 Realtors On The Rise
Let's Get It Started Let's List!
"In this online world, you need a Realtor who knows how to saturate your property
on the internet getting it the most exposure all leading to more offers for you.
I can and will do that but don't take my word for it..."Google Me!""
Shop Every Home For Sale @
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer