This event is run by Realtors. We will be featuring the next generation Realtor web/agent 2.0
Most of our clients know they can search the web for listings, we are going to show them just how far Social Media has come.
And now to your question. If I hold about five open houses a week.
The cool and unusual, even for me are.....
Giant balloon that must be anchored to a large SUV.
Chocolate fountain.......it was messy
Wine & cheese...........big hit.......with the neighbors
More than two Realtors......I went to one Open House that had five.....weird....to intense.
Last night I watched a show that had physics giving free readings.....that was a broker open......they had booze to.
And now to your question. If I hold about five open houses a week.....Really I do.
Me , my laptop, printer. cell phone.....Just like going to the office. Except I sit in the kitchen.
I contacted a couple of larger REO brokers, Asked if I could sit their REO`s open, there are a few nice ones.
Then I had new signs made up that say.
I have been doings this since July, I think that I bring in about 30-50% more traffic than a traditional sign.
Ask around your office I am sure you can find an REO.
1. Try it during the week. Many relocating couples/business people, are out driving areas during the week while they are in town either interviewing or working. Many go HOME for the weekend.
2. Hold open houses during the time folks pick up their kids from school. Pick a route where you know parents will be going back and forth to pick up the kids and either hold your or a fellow business associates listing open just during those times. Have fun and do it in the morning (offer FREE COFFEE!! ) for an hour and then double back in the afternoon for an hour. Put out plenty of signs along the route!
3. Prior to open house put out your open house signs through the neighborhood (check with local sign ordinance on this one!!) for DAYS before the open!! This works if you have YOUR NAME on the open house signs!! Don't go generic!! You want to be "state of mind" in the neighborhood!
4. Walk the area the Saturday before with open house fliers or door hangers and announce the open. "Oh, by the way, our you folks thinking about making a move?"
5. use Craig Proctor's "Tour of Homes". He schedules a slew of opens but for very specific time frames during the day. Everyone meets at the first one for 15 minutes, then they all caravan to the next one for 15 minutes and then the next, etc. Takes a bit more planning and expense but he only sells 500 units per year!!
6. Bob Wolf (RE/MAX of Laguna Niquel ) left Colorado and started anew his real estate practice by holding open house during the week! He did them every day and used a ton of signs. If you ever get a chance to hear him you will be blown away! High ethics and energy. I saw Andrew Young at a NAR convention inspirational breakfast in New Orleans and then saw Bob Wolf teach a class in the afternoon; i was dazzled by both men and the integrity they both showed! Seek him out!
6. If you have a more upscale estate propety think charity fund raiser. Your client can get involved and invite all of her friends and social contacts. Pick an appropriate cause, perhaps Breast Cancer Awareness, and have silent auction itmes during the open house. This way your client can graciously entertain her friends, you get to mingle with them and it goes to a great cause!!
7. Same vein, Art Show within the upscale residence, twilight Open House with Champagne, cavier (I'd keep a jar of beluga in the kitchen for me!!), with proceeds going towards a charity or auction off a work of art.
8. Consider a "progressive open house" where you have a "clues" assigned to each house. Hopefully they are ALL your listings or get someone in your office to assist. Could be great fun!!
Above all--let your imagination run amok!! Have Fun. Good luck!