Foreclosure in 32934>Question Details

Kevin, Home Buyer in Melbourne, FL

Find a

Asked by Kevin, Melbourne, FL Wed Sep 26, 2007

I am looking for a real buyer agent to represent me and help me to search for investment properties. What are the indicators of a real buyer agent who wants to help me to find distress properties rather than focusing on commissions?

Help the community by answering this question:



Have you thought about joing a real estate investors group? There are a few in NY and there may be a couple by you. They could provide you referrals for the type of agent you seek. Another suggestion is to go out there and meet some agents in your area. It's highly likely that there are agents that like to work with investors or know about distressed properties that aren't currently on the market. Interview the agents, see you feel comfortable with. A good agent can be your ally in your investment goals.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
Kevin: Our firm specializes in real estate investing. My vice-president and I are both real estate investors ourselves and own various rental properties here in Brevard County, Florida. There are specific criteria that we use to determine whether or not a piece of real property is a good investment or not. Each individual real estate investor creates his/her own such criteria. Much of the criteria setting process has to do with one's specific and individual risk-taking threshold. We would love to sit down and discuss with you our real estate investment strategy and our recommendations for you. Feel free to contact us.

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
If you are looking in the Orlando area I would be happy to help you. I specialize in working with Investors for find Foreclosure, Bank Owned, and under appraised properties. I focus on you not the commission. I will take the time to understand and help you to continue to develop your investment strategy so that you can enhance your investment portfolio today! Feel free to give me a call at 407-921-1310 with any questions you may have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
As an investor I would encourage you to use an accredited consultant in real estate

Depending on your level of expertise, a consultant can charge you by the hour, fee pkg, help you sell, buy and work on your behalf as a single advocate. You can save money by getting an ARV analysis, therefore not buying the properties that don't work for you.

I work with a lot of investors in this capacity, some choose to do traditional commissions, others not, but having a lot of choices and expertise will make all the difference in the world on your bottom line.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
Look for an agent who has their ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representitive) designation, as they've received certification to be an agent for the Buyer. Website below.

Sean M. Dougherty
RE/MAX Alliance
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
Simple! In a nut shell find an agent that is willing to listen to your wants and needs. From there, if the lines of communication are open, then it should be easy. It also helps if your agent is familiar with the areas your are interested in investing. :-)

Janet Brown Realtor/Certified Home Stager
Exit 1st Class Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 9, 2011
Realtors help their clients with their needs. If you are looking for a realtor to help you, discover their knowledge of short sales and foreclosures.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
I'll be glad to provide a list of all area's foreclosure-fixer-up and other sources: tax sales, auctions and more.
I'm available 24/7 for the right buyer ;0
Check me out below....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 1, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer