Question Details

Doug Heathco…, Other/Just Looking in Redding, CA

my wife and her ex owned a house in TN. as far as we know she should still be on the title.he has sold house

Asked by Doug Heathcote, Redding, CA Mon Mar 23, 2009

309 s cedar elizabethton,tn. was sold without my wife's signing any paperwork.we are wanting to know if a realestate agent was to get a copy of deed transfer.she never singed over the house to her ex.we believe this house was sold illegally.what do we do?

Help the community by answering this question:


You can contact county tax office or website determine if the home has sold.

It would require her signature IF SHE IS ON TITLE of home.

Have an agent also search MLS records if home sold thru an agent listing agreement would require all owners of home sign listing agreement IF HER NAME is on title.

If her name IS NOT ON TITLE, her former husband can do anything with property as long as no other court documents have been signed.

CONFER with an attorney after you have completed your investigation. Title company who transferred title is held responsible for all parties signing.

~ National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair, Mortgage Loan Officer
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer