Financing in Asheville>Question Details

Theron  Ball, Home Buyer in 84532

2008 tax credit amendment for down payment and repairs

Asked by Theron Ball, 84532 Thu Feb 19, 2009

Can I amend my 2008 taxes for a home purchase in 2009 and receive the money now to help with down payment and repairs.

Help the community by answering this question:


That's a great question. I am not a tax adviser nor an accountant but I just read an overview of the changes to the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit. It states that the tax credit can be used in the year of the purchase -- meaning the 2009 tax year. It is best to ask a tax specialist or an accountant for concrete answers on the logistics of this plan.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in any other way with your Asheville Home Purchase.

Penny Williams
Broker/Consultant w/Keller Williams Professionals
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 19, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer