Financing in Dallas>Question Details

Mary, Other/Just Looking in Dallas, TX

What options do I have when husband leaves house.?

Asked by Mary, Dallas, TX Sun Feb 22, 2009

Mortgage in my name, title in both. (He made down payment) We are trying to sell but I may go under trying to pay for everything myself. What options do I have?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Dallas

Help the community by answering this question:


consult your divorce attorney. he/she may be able to get a court injunction or emergency hearing to force your husband to pay the mortgage payments until the divorce trial. good news is there are options. seek a support group and surround yourself with caring and knowledgeable professionals that can help you navigate the tough days ahead. you will recover! hang in there.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 23, 2009
You might need to get a lawyer to give you legal advice about how they can help you and make him help pay.
You can also ask the mortgage company to work with you and let them know you have listed the house for sell, if you have listed it for sale. If not, get it listed at market value asap!
Click on my name for email & contact info If I can provide further assistance.
Nicole Arenas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 29, 2009
Since you say you are trying to sell, I assume you have already listed your home so our agents can leave out their offer to do so for you. Yes a Short Sale is an option, Do not allow someone that is not experienced in Short Sales attempt a Short Sale, you will only end with more problems. Not all Short Sales are successful, you at least want someone to give it a good college try.
If you are not behind on the mortgage payments yet the mortgage company may restructure the mortgage. They will not like the fact that you have put your husband on the Title so see if your atty. or a title company can have him sign the proper papers to have himself removed. If he does not want to make the payments he should be happy to do this. DO NOT USE A QUIT CLAIM DEED - this is not the proper paper work.
I am sorry for your problems, Good Luck

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 24, 2009

Don't distress as there may be options that are more preferably answered by an attorney and/or tax professional. .

Whether your are late in payments or not, now may be the time to file for a "hardship case" through the loss mitigation department through the entity that holds your mortgage. Divorce situations are more common that you may believe, so don't be embarrassed to ask questions.

Once it is deteremined that a short sale is your only option, certainly utilize a RE professional WITH EXPERIENCE to assist in the process
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 23, 2009
I would say you definitely need to talk to a lawyer if he is not willing to sign docs for you. If he is willing to sign off on everything as long as you can get a sell you shouldnt have a problem. There may be short sale options for however you would have to submit a hardship package to your lender and see if they would work with you. I have worked 4 short sales in my short year career as an agent and would be happy to assist you. Also if your home can sell without have to go short sale I list for 4% which will save you money when trying to get out of your home.

RJ Avery
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 22, 2009
Be careful of the answers you get here....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 22, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Dallas County > Dallas > Financing in Dallas > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer