Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Sue, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

My estranged husband obtained FHA loan in AZ, my credit was obtained without my authorization?

Asked by Sue, Cary, NC Mon Jan 5, 2009

I live in NC, have been separated for 2.5 years ~~ I understand the nonpurchasing spouse's liabilities being used in ratio, doesn't FHA guidlines state my authorization must be obtained and if not given the loan is not granted. Can he legally give the authorization for me?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Cary

Help the community by answering this question:



Typically speaking the lender must have received written application for the loan. This gives them the permission to pull the credit for the people who are listed on the loan application.

Was your name placed on the loan?

I would also recommend looking at your credit report and seeing who pulled your credit. Then contact the company directly. This will help you to find out exactly what happened and then you will know what you need to do next.

Best of luck to you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 5, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer