How To... in Stamford>Question Details

Tom Strzesze…, Other/Just Looking in Stamford, NY

How can I bring an action to remove a tenant in common from deed for non payment of taxes and purchase price?

Asked by Tom Strzeszewski, Stamford, NY Thu Dec 25, 2008

Through inheritance, I became the tenant in common with an indvidual who has not made any attempt to contact me or pay taxes on the proprerty for over 10 years. Further, the individual has never finished paying the portion of the original purchase price. Recently I learned that this individual has incurred a federal lein against the property through a failed business venture. I have spent good money with attorneys who do not seem to have the expertise or the inclination to follow-up on this matter. I need help!!!!!

Help the community by answering this question:


Hey, I'm not sure if you've had any luck with this. If you need a good real estate attorney in Stamford I can recommend Seth Arnowitz. I use him and am quite happy with his service.

Best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 25, 2009
I am sorry to have to say that you really do need an experienced real estate attorney. Make sure you use your free 1st consultation to get answers if they can help and how before jumping in with another. you should be able to petition for quiet title or unfortanately may have to go before a judge. Worst case the judge orders the sale and a split of the proceeds where the lien is taken out of the other guys share. make sur eyou ask some questions.... try the CT bar assoication for a referral. Good luck in working things out Tom
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 25, 2008
Sorry to hear all this answer would be contact an attorney who is experienced in real estate law. Review all documents regarding property. Or sale property sure if they not paid probaby happy to receive some income after settlement of sale.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 25, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer